Thursday, March 20, 2014

A little about us

2013
 
I would like to introduce us, for those of you who don't know us.  We are Scott & Lisa.  We are Arizona natives, married in Hawaii 9 years ago, now living life in Tennessee with two sweet children- Hazel (6) & Zane (4), who are also Arizona natives!  We have found a love for gardening, which makes cooking even more fun!



2004

 
 
Scott has always had a love for cooking (a huge plus to find in a husband!), and he does it so amazingly well!  He's never been to cooking school... he just happens to be a natural.  He comes up with recipes in his head, and can blend flavors like a trained chef.  Around here we call him our "Gourmet Chef," and the kids, as well as anyone else who happens to be in town, become his sous chefs!

I, on the other hand, am just a regular cook.  The Italian side of me loves to make spaghetti, baked mostaccioli, and pizza.  The mom side of me just wants to cook with as few dishes as possible so I have less to clean up afterwards!  Scott calls anything I make that ends up all in one casserole dish "Hobo Pie."  Don't get me wrong- my food isn't bad, and I definitely enjoy cooking with fresh veggies straight from our garden, especially when some music is on and I have a glass of red wine to enjoy while I cook... but I also just want to feed my kids so they stop saying, "I'm hunnngggrrryyyyy!!!!"


Hazel & Zane with baby carrots they grew in the garden!
Hazel & Zane seem to be little budding gardeners & chefs themselves!  They love the entire gardening process, from starting seeds in the garage, to planting in the ground, to working the garden pulling weeds, to eating their fresh vegetables!  And they love to help in any way we'll let them in the kitchen.

 We look forward to sharing more with you about our adventures in the kitchen, in the garden, and during our experiments... like pickling cucumbers, and making our own red wine vinegar! 



No comments:

Post a Comment